When will you need CAPI WatchDog?
- When quality data collection, without risk of intentional or unintentional mistakes on the part of questioners, is a priority.
- If you need to make use of video and audio materials a part of the questioning process.
- If you want to have the data collected and prepared for viewing in the shortest possible time.
What is CAPI WatchDog?
The CAPI WatchDog method (Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing) is a form of personal questioning where the questioner uses a netbook or tablet with a rotatable touchscreen. CAPI WatchDog can be used for in-store questioning, CLT (Central Location Test), on the street, in homes.
What we can do:
The CAPI WatchDog allows us to:
- play back sounds, video, images,
- include automatic filters enabling logical traversing of a questionnaire based on a respondent’s answers,
- follow the number of rejected interviews as well as the reason for interruptions in questioning,
- a rotation of options in questions to prevent bias due to their ordering,
- follow the logical consistency of answers in the questionnaire and keep quotas,
- monitor questionnaire length, time intervals between two questionnaires.
Why CAPI WatchDog with NMS Market Research?
Absolute control of data quality: We uncover almost 100% of all questioner cheating. CAPI WatchDog allows: localisation of the position of the netbook during questioning, an immediate transfer of data after the questionnaire is completed and confirmation of the questionnaire the very same day, recordings of parts of each interview, photos of the questioner or respondent for each questionnaire, automatic evaluation of other factors that are red flags for possible deception on the part of the questioner.
Immediate client access to results: Thanks to the client user interface, our customers can get results on the status of data collection, charts and current results for individual questions at any time.
A broad network of questioners and supervisors: NMS has access to 1600 questioners in the Czech Republic, 1000 questioners in Slovakia. Questioners are subject to extensive preliminary training including a competence test, before each project they are always individually briefed on the new research. Each questioning session is regularly checked up on by our supervisors, who monitor the quality of execution of interviews.